Project Officer / Project Supervisor
Salary range £21,300 to £29,200 (depending on skill set and experience)
AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading, and fastest growing, heritage companies in the UK. As a partner in Connect Archaeology, a heritage JV, we are actively involved in large-scale infrastructure programmes across the UK. We pride ourselves on our commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking projects, and we are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff. We offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services.
We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2008 certification.
AOC is looking to recruit a suitably qualified Consultant at either Project Supervisor or Project Officer level to work on various consultancy projects. The successful candidate will have to work within defined specifications, budgets and timetables. They will aid the wider AOC Consultancy team in producing desk-based assessments and ES chapters; archaeological impact assessments, heritage site appraisals and written schemes of investigation. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of planning and historic environment legislation, policy and guidance, particularly in relation to Scotland and England.
- Highly experienced, motivated, professional Consultant who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work.
- Good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to archaeology.
- Good knowledge of British Archaeology and legislation.
- Experience of walkover survey and reporting.
- Self-motivating and able to work independently and under your own initiative.
- A clean driving licence is required as job may require you to travel (although you will be predominately based at our London office).
- CSCS card is advantageous.
- CIfA membership is desirable.
- Computer literacy is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a forward-looking archaeological company, with an expanding range of clients and projects, while working for an organisation that believes in investing in and developing its staff in order to achieve the highest professional standards. Additional benefits include Company Pension Scheme, full payment of CIfA fees, Employee Assistance Programme, childcare vouchers and training budget.
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to Victoria.Oleksy@aocarchaeology.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd February 2018. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Vicky Oleksy for an informal discussion on 0131 440 3593. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.