vacancy: Project Supervisor / Project Officer
Consultancy: To be based either in Edinburgh, York or London
Salary range £19,200 -£30,100 (depending on experience and location); Immediate Start
We are looking to appoint a Consultant (either at Project Supervisor or Project Officer level) to be based in one of our offices: Edinburgh, London or York. The successful candidate will have to work within defined specifications, budgets and timetables. They will aid the wider AOC Consultancy team in producing desk-based assessments and ES chapters; archaeological impact assessments, heritage site appraisals and written schemes of investigation. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of planning and historic environment legislation, policy and guidance, particularly in relation to Scotland and England.
- Highly experienced, motivated, professional archaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work;
- Dynamic individual who will be central to the future growth and success of the Group;
- Good knowledge of British Archaeology;
- Experience of walkover survey and reporting;
- Good team member with a positive approach to commercial archaeology;
- Willing to travel to site meetings and visits across the UK;
- A clean driver licence and computer literacy are essential;
- CSCS card.
- Competitive salary, in line with CIFA and BAJR guidelines; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and office location;
- Profit Distribution Scheme;
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays);
- Company pension scheme;
- Accommodation and subsistence (£15 per day);
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences;
- Support for research;
- Subscriptions to CIfA;
- Flexible working; and
- TOIL and sickness benefits
The closing date for applications is Friday Dec 14th. For further information please contact Vicky Oleksy either on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 440 3593 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence. Candidates are expected to be invited for interview w/c Jan 14th.
Application is by email to Victoria. Please indicate which office you would be willing to work from.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.