Project Manager (london and York)
Fieldwork: London and York
Salary range £27,100 to £35,000 (depending on experience and location); Immediate Start
AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading, and fasting growing, commercial archaeology companies in the UK. We have a highly skilled and dynamic team and offer a full range of archaeological fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services. AOC Archaeology is a CIfA Registered Organisation and has ISO 9001:2008 certification.
We are looking to appoint experienced Project Managers to be based in our successful and growing London and York offices. The role involves the management of commercial projects across the UK, with a particular focus on fieldwork projects England. You will be involved in the successful management of projects from inception to completion. You will be responsible for mentoring staff by communicating your knowledge and experience to foster a rounded, successful team.
- Highly experienced, motivated, professional archaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work.
- Dynamic individual who will be central to the future growth and success of the Group.
- Experience in a senior archaeological project management role in a commercial context is essential, as is experience of tendering, budget control and reporting.
- Sound fieldwork and consultancy knowledge and a creative approach to business development.
- Good team member with a positive approach to commercial archaeology.
- You will also need to be self-motivating with good leadership skills.
- You will need to be willing to travel to site meetings and visits.
- Degree level qualifications or above, MIfA or equivalent and a publication record are preferable.
- A clean driver licence and computer literacy are essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a forward-looking archaeological company, with an expanding range of clients and projects, while working for an organisation that believes in investing in and developing its staff in order to achieve the highest professional standards. Company benefits also include being part of the AOC Company Pension Scheme, full payment of CIfA fees, Employee Assistance Programme, and childcare vouchers.
Applications via CV and cover letter, and should be sent to Claire.Mack@aocarchaeology.com. The closing date for applications is 9th June 2017, and it is expected that interviews will be held in mid/late June at our London office. We are looking for immediate starts, so early applications are welcome.
If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Catherine Edwards at email@example.com or call 020 8843 7380 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.