historic buildings recording/illustration project officer
Salary range £21,000 to £27,000 depending on experience
AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading, and fastest growing, commercial archaeology companies in the UK. We have a highly skilled and dynamic team and offer a full range of archaeological fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services. AOC Archaeology is a CIfA Registered Organisation and has ISO 9001:2008 certification.
AOC is looking to recruit a suitably qualified Historic Building Recording / Illustration Project Officer to work on various projects across Yorkshire and the Midlands. Due to the varied nature of the work and the job specifications we will review application forms on receipt of application and early starts are available for the right individuals. Individuals applying for the HBR / Illustration Project Officer role must have at least 24 months of UK commercial experience at the appropriate level.
- Good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to archaeology.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and carrying out building survey fieldwork
- Good knowledge of measured survey techniques and illustration
- Demonstrable experience of producing illustrations for archaeological fieldwork/excavation reports
- Self-motivating and able to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Required to travel around England with overnight stays.
- CIfA membership is desirable, as is a CSCS card; the latter can be organised once in post - and would be paid for by AOC Archaeology.
- A clean driving licence and computer literacy is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a forward-looking archaeological company, with an expanding range of clients and projects, while working for an organisation that believes in investing in and developing its staff in order to achieve the highest professional standards. Company benefits also include being part of the AOC Company Pension Scheme, full payment of CIfA fees, Employee Assistance Programme, and childcare vouchers.
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to Stephen.Potten@aocarchaeology.com. The closing date for applications is 18th August 2017. We are looking for an immediate start, so early applications are welcome.
If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Stephen Potten at Stephen.Potten@aocarchaeology.com or call 01904 413 404 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.